The guys at RZE are building and engineering tools for the everyday adventurer. Whether it’s diving watches, field watches, chronographs or pilot watches, you’ll definitely find the style you’re looking for! I propose you to discover here the Fortitude in its Nimbusgrey version.
- 41mm case width
- 12.5mm case thickness
- 47mm case length /lug-to-lug
- 20mm lug width tapers to 16mm at buckle
- Weight: 110-120g (with bracelet)
- Solid Titanium with ULTRAHex Coating (up to ~1200Hv hardness)
- Antimagnetic cage for up to 20,000A/m resistance
- SII NH35A Automatic Movement
- 100m (330ft) / 10ATM
- Screw-down crown with custom embossed logo
- Sand textured sandwich dials with applied indexes
- Swiss Superluminova “Grade A” BGW9
- Sapphire Crystal with inner-side Super-AR
- Solid Titanium bracelet with ULTRAHex Coating (with 316L stainless steel buckle in titanium coating)
- Screw-down solid titanium caseback with VITON® gasket
- Included extras: Tarpaulin watch pouch + RZE bracelet Sizing tool
The case of the Fortitude is 41mm width and has a contained 47mm lug to lug distance. The lugs are slightly curved for a better comfort on the wrist. They’re chamfered and drilled and give the watch a sporty style.
The case is made of Titanium with ULTRAHex Coating for an increased hardness. It can also resist to electro-magnetic fields caused by smartphones, computers and various devices that could mess with your watch’s accuracy. This is more than welcome!
The large signed crown is located at 3 o’clock. It’s screwed-down, which is a nice-to-have feature on a pilot watch, providing a 10ATM water resistance.
The sand textured sandwich dial features applied indexes and logo. The indexes and the large hands are generously coated with Swiss Superluminova “Grade A” BGW9.
The whole dial is protected by a sapphire crystal treated with an anti-reflective coating, allowing for a great legibility in most conditions.
I was at first a bit disappointed at the bracelet, then I realized that I simply wasn’t used to titanium bracelets. It weights close to nothing and it felt at first not very qualitative, but in the end it’s quite the opposite ! It feature the same ULTRAHex Coating as the case.
The buckle is made of stainless steel with a titanium coating. Although it doesn’t have a tool-free quick adjustment system, it still has a few holes allowing for a better fit.
The RZE Fortitude is a well made and affordable piece, especially if you consider the materials and the special coating used to improve its hardness.
It’s available for 599€ from RZE’s website.