Bohen Miller Mer – pre-orders opening soon!
Passion. The one word that drives us all, for those who just like to collect items that happen to tell the time and those who really love watches for what they are, we’re all the victims of our passion for these ticking objects.
I wanted to give you some updates on a project that I’ve been following since its earliest stage, a watch created by someone living his passion to its paroxysm, the Bohen Mille Mer.
Blaise-Dominique Giuliani is a 52 year-old designer who used to work in multiple areas, horology being one of them. He wanted to create a watch with a genuine identity, combining high-end finishes and innovation while remaining sold at a reasonable price (I’ll come back to the price later). Achieving such a challenge wasn’t easy and required a hard work, but we’re now close to see the result of his devotion.
Blaise worked with divers and watch makers to make sure he would be able to design the perfect watch. Except for the buckle, each and every piece has been designed and will be produced specifically for the Mille Mer! While the watch is definitely ‘Swiss Made’, sometimes the quality comes from somewhere else : For twice the price, the sapphire glass comes from a japanese factory that produces lenses for satellites.
The first prototype is now ready. A few details remain to be changed/corrected, but the overall impressions are beyond expectations! Let’s have a look at the specifications:
- SS316L inox watch case in aerospace standard.
- Anamagnetic (antimagnetic cage + antimagnetic movement + non-magnetic stainless steel case and band).
- Sapphire dome with anti UV coating inside .
- Rotating bezel: 43 mm. Length: 50 mm. Height: 17.5 mm. BandWidth: 24 mm.
- Waterproof 100 ATM 1.000 m / 3,300 ft.
- Helium exhaust valve.
- Crown at 12 o’clock.
- Ceramic rotating bezel.
- Case back in grade 5 titanium.
- Unique internal date magnifier (patented design).
- S.Steel watch band with an integrated universal link (no tools required to change the band).
- Clasp buckle
- Superluminova indexes
- Beauty of hand finishes (Embossing and deep brushing).
- Swiss automatic movement BW01. Manufactured by Soprod and customized for Bohen.
- Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date.
- +/- 4 seconds / day in 5 positions.
- 42 hour power reserve.
- Antimagnetic. Chronofiable A8.
- 28,800 vibrations / 4hz.
- Rhodium hardened.
- Rotor with Côtes de Genève.
- Pearl bridges.
- 25 jewels.
- Glucydur balance wheel.
According to the few people who already saw the prototype (and not involved in the project), the watch is a piece of art, reaching the quality level of pieces sold for 5 digits dollars by luxury brands. Blaise wanted to reduce his margin to a X2 rate uniquely for the ambassador serie. The watch will be sold for less than 2K€, only to the 500 lucky first buyers (priority given to the ones who subscribed to the newsletter).
I must admit that I can’t wait to see the prototype in person and take some pictures ! Pre-orders should start soon, delivery is expected before Christmas 🙂