Formex Essence FortyThree Automatic Chronometer
Formex Swiss Made Watches unveils their new Essence FortyThree Automatic Chronometer watch. Not long after Formex launched its first Essence lineup back in 2018, it became the brand’s undisputed flagship collection. With a separate ultra-lightweight carbon and ceramic edition called Leggera, sold out Limited Editions and a smaller 39 mm case size version, the Essence has also allowed the brand to maximize its development and manufacturing capabilities. With the recent update of the Formex branding, the community has been expecting a facelift for the original Essence Automatic Chronometer 43 mm. Rather than just a dial makeover, the new Essence FortyThree comes with several updates and new dial options. The new collection is now available starting at $1,280.00 with delivery as early as next week.
The original 43 mm steel Essence with a brand-new look & feel…
One of the Essence’s most defining features is the dial with its vertical brush finish and the distinctive horizontal lines. To achieve the crisp and sharp angles, each line has been CNC-machined into the dial base individually. The new Essence 43 mm now also features the updated Formex branding with an applied logo and a date wheel that matches the dial color.
The green dial and a matching green leather strap are now available for the 43 mm version, after it’s been initially introduced with the smaller Essence ThirtyNine model. A new white dial is also available for both Essence sizes. Zooming in on its matt surface will reveal that the applied indices and hands are in polished black to mark a clear contrast and increase its overall legibility.
While the original Essence leather- and rubber straps came with a double-action-butterfly clasp, the updated version now includes a single-action-deployant clasp that hides the over-length of the strap on the inside, making strap keepers redundant. The clasp that is made of an in-house developed ultra-lightweight carbon fiber composite with a steel buckle features a patented gradual Fine-Adjustment System of 7mm which can be activated while wearing the watch on the wrist. The clasp and straps are interchangeable and removable without the use of any tools.
…alongside the features the customers love
Driving the hands is a Swiss Made Sellita SW200-1 self-winding movement with a power reserve of 42 hours. We’ve chosen its highest quality grade “Chronometer” because it comes with premium components such as a Glucydur balance wheel which is exceptionally hard and stable, very resistant to deformation, non-magnetic, and non-corrosive. The movement is beautifully decorated, has thermally blued screws and is wound by Formex’s custom-built skeletonized rotor. Each one of these movements is certified by the COSC (the official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute) and undergoes the meticulous 15-day rate test to ensure extraordinary levels of mechanical accuracy and precision.
The Essence’s stainless steel case with hand-finished mirror-polished bevels has been kept in its original, unique shape. The tested and proven patented Case Suspension System provides shock absorption and adapts to the wearer’s wrist motion, underlining the brand’s focus on comfort and everyday wearability. With a height of just 10.6 mm, it wears surprisingly small and will fit under every shirt cuff.
The highly articulated steel bracelet with screwed links and mirror polished chamfers has been updated with Formex’s new logo. Although the butterfly buckle is integrated into the bracelet and feels seamless to the touch, it hides a unique Micro-Extension System that allows to extend the length of the bracelet be just about half a link. Similar to the leather- and rubber straps, the Essence steel bracelet can be removed without the use of any tools.
Too large? The Essence 39mm now also available with white dial
Alongside the updated Essence FortyThree, the new white dial is also available in the smaller 39 mm case version. Both collections are now available at the Formex Online Store and at trusted partners starting at $1,280.00. While the dials in black, blue, green and brown dégradé are available from stock, the white dial watches are available for pre-order with a delivery shortly thereafter.
Formex CEO, Raphael Granito, said of the launch, …
“Updating our best-selling watch so far was the logical next step after we introduced our new branding with the Essence ThirtyNine and REEF diver watch. The upgrades are all based on customer feedback – the butterfly clasp has been changed to a single-action deployant clasp. We now match the date wheel color with the dial color, and we’ve increased the filling depth of the Super-LumiNova to ensure even better legibility at night. Those are all small details and make a great watch ever better. I believe that this is the ultimate high-end made watch for every day, luxurious yet comfortable and practical. “
- Dimensions: 43mm diameter, 10.6 mm height, 22mm lug width, 49mm lug-to-lug
- Water Resistance: Waterproof to 100 meters / 330 feet
- Case: Stainless steel 316L with titanium grade 2 container
- Glass: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment
- Case back: Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and laser engraved stainless steel 316L
- Bezel: Stainless steel 316L
- Dial: Blue, Black, Green, White, Brown Dégradé. Vertical brush finish with hand-sprayed gradient (Dégradé). Horizontal lines that have been CNC-machined individually into the dial plate. Hand-applied Formex icon and hour markers filled with Super-LumiNova® BGW9
- Hands: Filled with Super-LumiNova® BGW9
- Movement: COSC-certified Sellita SW200-1 Automatic movement, fully decorated with custom made skeletonized rotor. 26 jewels, frequency 28’800 A/h (4 Hz), 42h power reserve
- Strap/Bracelet/Clasp: Stainless steel bracelet with screwed links and stainless steel buckle with patented 4mm micro extension. Napa leather strap with carbon fiber composite clasp with patented gradual 7mm fine adjustment system. All straps and the bracelet can be changed using a Quick Release system and do not require the use of any tools.
- Certification: COSC (Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres)
- Price: $1,280.00 on leather strap / $1,390.00 on stainless steel bracelet
- Taxes & duties, international shipping, 30-day returns and 3-year international warranty included.
- Blue, Black, Green and Brown Dégradé dial available from stock. White dial available for Pre-Order.
About Formex Swiss Made Watches
Formex Swiss Made Watches, established in 1999, is an independent Swiss watch manufacturer based in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland. Their timepieces are a fusion of high tech, high performance materials and reliable Swiss movements. They operate exclusively online selling direct to the customer and through a handful of trusted online retailer. Formex offer all-inclusive pricing including taxes & duties for most countries, a free return policy, extended warranty and an augmented reality app that allows watches to be virtually ‘tried on’. Their collection can be discovered at http://www.formexwatch.com/.